Saturday, October 27, 2007

Let's start with a short review

Well, I'm joining the ranks of millions who've started posting life snippets online. Well, all I can offer to this infinite wealth of knowledge, gossip and b.s. is some thoughts on one of the things that I do a lot. Watch movies. I've seen plenty in my lifetime (albeit I've only been around only 23 years but I've seen plenty to kick some serious tush in "Scene It"!)
I'll get right to it. The last movie I just finished watching on DVD about 1/2 hour ago was Shooter.
A decent flick starring Mark Wahlberg, Danny Glover, Michael Peña, and Kate Mara to name a few. Directed by Antoine Fuqua, the same guy who directed Training Day (pretty good), King Arthur (good action/storyline) & Tears of the Sun (not so much).
Completely fashioned out of the action movie template (with little to add) it flowed well. The camera work was fine and the suspense was good. The action sequences and fighting were well executed, and the technical details were believable to a certain degree. There was little to be amazed at throughout the story, a few predictable twists and some slightly unexpected plot direction. It was based on the book Point of Impact by Stephen Hunter and I'm sure the book (as always) had more to offer. All this aside it was an enjoyable movie. There was good chemistry between Mark Wahlberg and Michael Peña and some humorous sequences between them. Also, I enjoyed Danny Glover's role, I've always been a fan of his work (can't go wrong with Angels in the Outfield!) Anyway, in summary, I'd give this a (drum roll please...)
3/5 gold coins (stars are so overused, and I think I'll pick a new object for every review, we'll see how that goes).
Hope you enjoyed, I'll probably rant about other things throughout the life of this blog, but it'll mostly be about movies.

No comments: