Monday, October 29, 2007

Killer mutant fish terrorizing South Korea

Hello again, my wife and I just watched a great movie that I feel I need to post about.

The Host was an excellent movie, one that really brings home the Halloween spirit. It certainly was not your typical monster movie, this one had style, a great story, good acting and some really heartfelt moments. It also had a balanced amount of suspence and a few jumpers.
This movie is South Korean (we watched it in Korean w/ subtitles) and it featured some really talented actors. The girl who gets kidnapped by the monster was amazing and the main characters really seemed to play up their roles to the fullest, there were many comical moments that worked well. I was also very impressed with the effects (the monster was all CGI, but it was very believeable).
OK, I don't have much more to say, but I recommend this movie to all who enjoy suspenseful thrillers, this has it all and don't let the fact that it resides in "Foreign" section deter you from renting/buying it!
The Host gets 4.5/5 chicken nuggets (delicious).

No comments: