Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Three short reviews

As you may or may not have noticed, I haven't been churning out too many movie reviews lately.
Two reasons:

  • I'm too critical of my own writing, and can't seem to write anything that satisfies my soul.

  • I haven't been watching too many movies lately that have been post-worthy.

But I don't want to make this blog only about link and video dumping, so I'll give you a quick one-sentence review of the past 3 movies that I've watched, since they all have been good.

Y Tu Mamá También - Watched it last night, whoa, what a sexy and well-made movie, but very graphic! 4.5/5 mamacitas!

Finding Forrester - Quite the inspiring drama, I ended up reading The Catcher in the Rye after watching the movie (Connery's character has strong parallels with J.D. Salinger). 4.5/5 novels.

Atonement - Not what I expected, much more than a simple romance flick, beautiful cinematography. 4/5 hugs and kisses.

There you have it, some short film reviews. Happy now?

No comments: